Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Take a Break

My sister spotted my story in this week's issue of TAB (No 43), which is a lovely surpise cos I thought that particular story had slipped through the net (or down the back of the radiator or something), never to see the light of day.

Erm ... it's the FICTION story, I hasten to add, not one of the 'true life tales'! :-P

Comments

• Well done, Summer Solstice. That's a really tough market to get into. (They sent me a whole batch of rejects today.)
  • Congratulations:)
  • well done SS
  • well done, SS, that'll be a nice fat cheque!
    The Mags are getting really bad for this lately - two of mine turned up in TWN, accepted retrospectively - I hope to see the payment come through very shortly. TAB used at least to let you know they'd bought one, even if payment was slow - and always after publication.
  • Good news Summer S. Well done.
  • Well done SS.
    TaB are supposed to pay for the weekly mag stories on acceptance, so if you've not been paid yet give Norah a chase.

I had one back today too PM - must be clear out time!
  • Do TAB buy FBSR only?
  • excellent, well done SS :))
  • TAB did let me know they'd accepted it, but that was months ago. And, yes, the payment took some chasing, but that arrived this week too :-D.

As to the FBSR, Carol, we all had to sign a contract last year which covered any stories sold from that point onwards. The NUJ didn't approve and urged people not to sign, but - no sign contract, no sell stories ... I signed :-P.

Yes, I also had a TAB rejection in today's post. They do love to send them out en masse!
  • Yes, that was my concern, the contract they are using.
  • They've got us by the short and curlies - basically, we'll take the money if it's offered! But I do wonder if people like Teresa Ashby have been able to hold out, she's such a big name in Womag fiction, she can probably make her own terms.
    I am awaiting my latest batch of returns - how long are they taking? This lot went out in August
  • That's a good sign Ceka?
  • Well done Summer Solstice!
  • My rejection was one of the ones I'd sent in July, so I don't know if they've started on August's yet. At least I know no more will be arriving today - postal strike :-).
  • Congratulations, Summer Solstice
  • Well done SS.
  • Congratulations, Summer Solstice! (We had a letter delivered today.)
  • Maybe it was a letter which had been mis-delivered yesterday and one of the neighbours had popped it through for you today? :-P
  • We had a postal delivery too. A pleasant surprise.
  • Well done SS
  • Maybe I'd better check my mailbox (actually a child's toybox with a fully-covering lid over and three large rocks inside)
    Because I might have post too ...
    (goes out into dark and stormy night to cheque, sorry, check)
    Nope
  • Well done SS.