Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

w00p!

I have been awarded an honourable mention in the Reading Writers competition for October. I achieved the same last month alongside littlewanda, so two off the trot can't be bad. I write articles mainly but these recent successes, along with my runner-up spot in the OWC have maybe pointed me towards my favourite, stories.

The next Reading Writers competition is not deadlined till January 2010 - by then I hope to claim the hat-trick with a belter :-)

Oh and Virginia Plain has just come on - heaven

Comments

• Congrats CoS!
  • Well done CoS. May there be many more successes. :)
  • Brilliant COS! Congratulations!
  • fantastic CoS!
  • Brilliant!
  • Nice one(s), c-o-s.
    You're on a roll!
  • Make me a deal and make it straight...lovely. And well done CoS.
  • Well done Cos.
  • Excellent, well done
  • [quote=mct1]Make me a deal and make it straight[/quote]

A wooman of taste :-)

I did try to paste the story in here but it was too long. Anyway, for this competition the story had to be influenced by a song from 1977 and I chose I Want You to Want Me by Cheap Trick and it was a steamy tale of office lust rerrrrr ;-)

Mind, since I re-read it I have found lots of holes in it. :-(
  • [quote=collide-o-scope]Mind, since I re-read it I have found lots of holes in it[/quote]

Awwwwwww, :)

A steamy tale you say? Hmm, sounds intriguing.
  • Well done.
  • Good on yer, COS: Third time lucky ... roll on January
  • Well done, CoS, and yeah, go for a third.

PS. I find lots of holes in my work too after it's been submitted someplace. Maybe we should stick it in a drawer for 12 months and read it again after a break.
  • Great news! Fingers crossed for the hattrick.
  • Hugs to you Joe. xx :)

Have a lovely sleep when you decide to go to bed. (I have to go now.)

See you next time. xx
  • Well done CoS! That's fantastic news. I didn't enter that one because of time constraints, but I'll be entering the January flash fiction competition. Will keep my fingers crossed it's a triple for you and a double for me.

As I still consider myself a newbie writer, I paid for the half-price opinion on my dynamic dialogue entry, even though it made it to the honourable mentions. I was impressed with how thorough it was and the comments have given me a much needed shot of confidence.