Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Woman's Weekly

edited December 2009 in - Writing Tales
I have a story in the current (15th December) issue. There are 4 stories this week which is great.

Has everyone heard the good news that they're going to produce 2 extra Fiction Specials next year? That's 50 more stories they'll be buying.

Comments

• Well done, PM. Why don't you post on the special thread for Work being published ? Then we can all try to get hold of copies of each other's stories.
  • OK - I will if I can find it.
  • Well done PM.
    Yes the two extra specials is great news.
  • More success! That's brilliant. Congratulations.
  • well done Phots, will get a copy
  • Congratulations Phot's Moll!
    I bought the latest WW Fiction Special last Friday any TBrs in it?
  • Good for you, Tosh, keep it up!
  • Fantastic. Must try and get that issue.
  • Wilts, I looked through it and didn't see any TB names I recognised in it. :(
  • Thanks, everyone.

I haven't seen the latest Fiction Special yet.
  • More longer stories than short ones this month.
  • Oh good, I've got lots of 2000 worders to shift.
  • Well done PM
  • Well done PM
  • Well done PM.
  • Well Done PM! Which one is your story?

I assume you do mean the one that I currently have (The one that is over £1 rather than the usual 80 something pence).

I am currently reading the one about the message in the bottle.
  • My bad, just checked, mine is the 8th december one.....will buy it tomorrow :D
  • Thank you!

Mine is 'Too good to be True'. Cover price is 82p.
  • I enjoyed your story PM; it's good to know that real people i.e talkbackers get published and not just the usual famous names, it spurs the rest of us on, well done
  • Congratulations!
  • Thanks!

Glad you liked it doodleysquit. Yes, it's easy to sopt a name we've seen before and assume it's only special people who're friends with the editor who get published and that nobody else gets a look in - fortunately, that's not the case.
  • Congratulations Phot's Moll!! :o)
  • KazKaz
    edited December 2009
    Well done, PM. Wish I'd read this earlier as I was in WHS today. Will grab a copy tomorrow. If it's not too personal a question, how much do they pay?