Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Annoying capital letters

edited February 2010 in - Writing Problems
can anyone help! I've forgotten the control function to change text from capital letters to lower case. I'm really fed up with having to re-type everything because i've hit the caps lock button and not noticed!

Thanks

Comments

• In Word 2007 under the Home tab there is a section called Font and a button that looks like 'Aa'. This then gives you the choice of what type of capitalisation to change the selected text to.
  • edited February 2010
    Why not just press the Caps Lock button again to unlock it?

Sorry hadn't understood that you had set it that way rather than hitting the button when needed.
  • Shift F3
  • In WORD

Highlight the text you want to change.

Press Shift-F3 several times until you get what you want
  • thanks so much everyone! much appreciated and no more annoying capitals!!!!!
  • That's a captial result! ;)
  • And having made the same error as Amanda several times i am really grateful for the function combination. Ta folks!
  • God I didn't know I could do that. I'm forever deleting and retyping everything in lower case, sometimes several paragraphs as I didn't look at the screen. Thanks to Amanda for bringing up the problem and all who answered.
  • That's great, SG. Thank you.
  • (Shift F3) Well I never!! Thanks.