Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

A Sci-Fi Horror just been accepted into an anthology

edited February 2010 in - Writing Tales
Turning into a bloody good week this. Just got told a sci-fi/horror short story has got into the anthology No One Can Hear You Scream. *Break-dances*

Again exposure only, but as I said, got the plan!

Comments

• On A ROOOLLLLLLL!!!

Well done, Lee. Your plan works ;)
  • Lee, it might be easier for you to run a thread naming the anthologies you've NOT got a story in!

Damn good going, fella.
  • edited February 2010
    Think I'm going to get a "Well done, Lee" key added to my computer! Congratulations! :)
  • Just having a good couple of weeks is all, the bad ones will soon be back when every email open starts with 'Thank you for submitting' and the bottom lip curls a little.
  • Congratulations aren't just for getting acceptances, Lee - your submission rate seems phenomenal and no one achieves that without a deal of hard work en route.
    It's great motivation for those of us with more modest submission rates - well, for me anyhow! :)
  • Maybe Lee should open a 'have you sent your daily submission?' thread, which punches anyone who hasn't done so by 4pm each day.
  • congratulations, Lee!
  • Well done, Lee.
    Good to see the plan's working!
  • Well done, you're having a great week for successes.
  • Don't worry, I don't just shout about the acceptances, on my blog and site there is a score board that I keep for fun. I post every submission, then post whether it's a rejection, or acceptance and then mark it on the score board. It kind of makes me work that little bit harder because people can publicly see how it's going lol. I've noticed that also makes others more verbal about their own rejections instead of keeping them as if they are horrid, dirty, little secrets in the posts.

If anyone's interested, this years current score Acceptances Utd 5 - Rejection City 4
  • Hope United get a decisive victory! :)
  • At least you have scores on the board. :)
  • Well done, Lee!
  • For the first time in my life I hope United beat City (gosh writing that really hurt!).
    :)
  • More good news. Congratulations, Lee.
  • [quote=LeeH]It kind of makes me work that little bit harder[/quote]

Quite clearly you ARE working hard, Lee - well done!
  • Great news, Lee. Well done!
  • That's a good idea, Lee: having a system for making yourself work harder. And well done on scoring 5 !!!
  • That's great news, Lee. Congratulations!
  • Splendiferous, and completely inspiring. Well done!
  • Well done Lee!!!
  • Well done Lee.

I'd love to write short stories but can never get beyond an idea.
  • Congrats Lee!
  • Brilliant Lee, well done!
  • edited March 2010
    [quote=LeeH]I post every submission, then post whether it's a rejection, or acceptance and then mark it on the score board. It kind of makes me work that little bit harder because people can publicly see how it's going [/quote]

That's a great - though scary - idea. I keep a private tally as I'm sure every tber does (!) - but making it public is a great incentive. (Must look at the Anyone Writing thread for an update methinks.)

Congrats and thanks for keeping us inspired.
  • Congratulations once more! (Hmm. Methinks this thread will be at the top, thus confusing everyone.)