Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Help! Blogger is driving me insane!

edited March 2010 in - Writing Problems
I'm trying to customise my blog - I tried using the template designer but it would only apply backgrounds to half the page so I gave up on that.

I would like to use my own photo but I am finding it confusing as to how to do that. I know it is to do with the 'edit html' tab on blogger. You have to replace part of it with the image location.

And I know that I'll probably have to join photobucket to do this - but can someone explain to me as simply as possible what I am meant to do?

Comments

• I don't understand all the html stuff and never venture into that bit. To add my photo all I did was click on customise which should be along the top right of your page. Then look for the list of gadgets (mine is on the right but if you have a different template from me, yours may be on the left). Click on 'add a gadget' and you get a list of choices of the type of gadget. Go down there until you find one that says 'picture'. Click on there and you can upload a pic from your computer. Hope that's clear. I'm not very technical myself and it took me ages even to get to the stage I am at with it! Do ask again if you still have trouble as I'm sure there are people on here more experienced than I am.
  • I think I may have found a simplified description of how to do this...to the point that I have found the bit in the 'edit html' tab that I need to alter...all the other descriptions were a bit too technical and went over my head!

But fighting with blogger all afternoon has left me not in the mood to change my blog anymore so I'll do it tomorrow...and join photobucket while I'm at it.
  • 1 - select 'Layout', then 'page elements' click on one of the places it says 'add gadget'.

2 - a box will pop up asking you to either input the web address (if pictures on the net) or to search your computer for your own image. Input one or the other.

3 - Click 'save'.

Simples.