Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Short story inspired by late father accepted in anthology...

edited April 2010 in - Writing Tales
Just thought I'd share this with you...

My dad died in 1993 and some strange things occurred surrounding his death, which I sort of ignored but always remembered. I incorporated them into a short story called 'The Oak Tree' that was showcased over at Thrillers, Killers 'n' Chillers early last year.
Anyway after a re-jig and a cut of 200 words I submitted it to an 'exposure' anthology at Lame Goat Press and they accepted it. I'm chuffed because it's like a tribute to me dad.

Here's the list of acceptances for this flash anthol' (including two from our very own Lee Hughes!):
http://lamegoatpress.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=flash&action=display&thread=206&page=4

And for the really nosey, inquisitve, interested, bored or stalker types amongst you, I've done a photo gallery over at me blog, including the aforementioned 'Oak Tree'... feel free to leave comments.

http://colburysnewcrimefiction.blogspot.com/p/photo-gallery.html

Comments

• Congrats again!
  • Congrats Col, looking forward to sharing the pages with you bud.
  • Well done Col! That's great.
  • edited April 2010
    brilliant news ... again ... you're serious on a roll, Col! Keep it going, what with this and TKNC as well, there's no stopping you!
  • Well done Col!
  • Great news, Col B, especially as it was inspired by your father. That will mean a lot to you.
  • All good - well done!
  • Well done Col! How lovely to be able to do that in tribute to your dad as well.
  • That's great news Col.
  • Congratulations Col. Well done !
  • Well done, Col. Great news.
  • Well done Col. :-)
  • Well done, Col a great tribute to your dad.
  • Thanks a lot everyone.
    As ever, I appreciate your continued support and encouragement.
    The anthol' should be out in the summer.
    Now, back to the novel rewrite!
  • Congratulations - that's great news.
  • Well done, Col. I bet your dad would be really chuffed.
  • I read that oh, yonks ago and really liked it. Well done, Colonel
  • Congratulations! I liked the blog, but couldn't find the story.
  • Thanks a lot guys n gals.

Verica,
    Like I said I did a re-write and tightened it, but the original from May '09 is here...

http://thrillskillsnchills.blogspot.com/2009/05/oak-tree-by-col-bury.html
  • Congratulations Col!
  • That's brilliant, Col. Congratulations!

I've submitted a piece to the same anthology, but still waiting to hear if it's been accepted or not.
  • LW,
    Mine was the 'flash' one (under 1,000 words), but there were a couple of others on the go too: the 'revenge' one is now closed. Finger crossed for you.
  • Well done, Col - I remember how striking that story was when it first appeared, it deserves a wider audience.
  • Congratulations, Col B. Doubly special.
  • edited April 2010
    Cheers, CC, Patricia n Jay.
    And thanks to everyone.
    Ps. Nice to see you've sorted out your connection problems, Jay!
  • I've just returned home after a few days away to find an email informing me my story has been accepted for the 'Flash!' anthology. Another small success!
  • congratulations!