Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

21 day marketing habit

edited June 2010 in - Writing Tales
Just received this email from createspace.com and thought it might be of interest to some on here. I might pledge a couple of the suggestions (not telling you which ! )

They say that it takes 21 days to form a habit. Marketing your book shouldn’t be a task you dread. It should be a habit that comes to you easily. Pledge to do the following 7 steps everyday for the next 21 days, and form a habit that is going to strengthen your online presence and create a community around yourself and your book that will continue to grow over time and ultimately help you get in the habit of selling books.
21 Day Book Marketing Pledge

1.) I pledge to give one book away to a charity, friend, or organization. The book I give away will be signed by me with all my online contact information and a handwritten invitation to review the book on Amazon.

2.) I pledge to write an entry for my blog.

3.) I pledge to follow 10 people on Twitter.

4.) I pledge to find 1 person to send a Facebook Friend request to.

5.) I pledge to update my Twitter and Facebook accounts with a link to my new blog entry.

6.) I pledge to find a blog on http://www.blogcatalog.com that is relevant to my book’s genre or subject matter and place their link on my blog, and attempt to contact the blog owner.

7.) I pledge to reach out to another author, and offer them the opportunity to write about their book for my blog.

**I look forward to hearing back from you about the publishing and marketing of your book! You can read more about our Marketing Services by clicking here – https://www.createspace.com/pub/services.home.do?tab=MARKETING.
Happy Writing!

(Not been on Tb for a couple of weeks and haven't got my head around the "new categories" so hope this is in an appropriate place. If not, someone feel free to move it or whatever.)

Comments