Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

had great fun writing last night

Last night I wrote a scene where a character was doped on a morphine - it was fun to write! She was fascinated by the moon. It helped that I was full of sugar, so I didn't need to break my arm or something to get the pain management of morphine to find out.

Comments

• sometimes writing is just wonderful, when it soars like that. Trouble is, cold light of day (or editorial comments!) often bring them down to earth. My duke's book I thought was clever, in that he ended each of his first person sections with
    I do not know. I will not know.
    Editor removed them all.
  • Shoot the editor!! ;)
  • It's great when you get to write a scene that's fun to write. I'm not a novelist, so I'm only speaking from my experiences with short fiction, but sometimes the one word challenge stories are incredibly good fun to write.

By the way, Alexia - have you looked at our monthly One Word Challenges? August is up - no entries yet, but do a Search and you'll find previous challenges to give you an idea what they're all about.
  • It's a great feeling when the words are flowing, I agree.
  • Stan, he was right! It was an affectation, the book was better without it. It really is a case of 'shooting your darlings' if you like something a lot, chances are it isn't good for the book. This wasn't. The duke conceded that.