Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

I'm a finalist in the John Clare Trust Poetry Competition!

edited August 2010 in - Writing Tales
Wow!
I've been invited to Helpston to read my poem, in October and also to read it on Speaker's Steps in Westminster Hall on National Poetry day, October 7th, when winners will be selected. This will be followed by a tour of the House of Commons.

Comments

• Yippee! Yay! Well done that woman!
    Cracker, KA, now get practising Public Speaking!
  • Wow!
    That's fantastic, kateyanne.
  • That sounds wonderful - and just a bit daunting. Good luck
  • Well done, Kateyanne! I agree with Bangkok Girl - it does sound daunting, but what a buzz you'll get! :D
  • Brilliant stuff!
  • Anyone know any cheap B&Bs near Helpston?
  • Absolutely wonderful, kateyanne. Can't help with the B&B though as I had to look up Helpston - never heard of the place.
  • edited August 2010
    Kateyanne, that's fantastic. Very well done - you are really going places with your poetry.
  • Helpston is just outside Peterborough
  • 'Wow!' indeed - what fantastic news, Kateyanne - many congratulations. (Sorry, never heard of Helpston either. :) )
  • Congratulations, Kateyanne - hope you enjoy your big day (and good luck!) :)
  • Brilliant and well done.
  • you are one talented poet, Kateyanne! Congratulations!
  • That's amazing Katey. Enjoy your days of glory!
  • Great! Well done!
  • edited August 2010
    Fantastic - enjoy your rich rewards. Can't help with Helpston, but not far from Westminster!
  • Wonderful news, Kateyanne - congratulations.
  • That is absolutely brilliant Kateyanne- well done.
    Try contacting the Tourist Information in Peterborough to see if they have a list of B&B's you can contact.
  • That is just SO exciting! Please let us know how it goes - and good luck!
  • Wow - absolutely fantastic - well done you.
  • Wow, well done katyanne!
  • Congratulations and well done.
  • Wow, Kateyanne. That is fantastic. Congratulations. I hope you have a wonderful trip to Helpston and meet some very interesting - and perhaps well connected - people :-)
  • Congratulations on your success and good luck with your performances.
  • Good news! :)
  • Well done, Kateyanne.
  • Hear, hear to all the above. You've put Helpston on the map for us. It'll all be about voice projection now, then :) .
  • Well done Katyanne - tell us all about it when you've done the reading
  • edited August 2010
    What a wonderful achievement kateyanne. Well done. :)
  • That's brilliant KA. Wish I'd got your autograph at Swanwick last year - Still I have got a photo of me with you to remind me I knew you before you were famous! Many congratulations. (And fingers crossed that you will win)
  • Well done Kateyanne! :-)
  • How exciting! Well done Kateyanne!