Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

The Snowflake Method of Plotting a Novel

edited August 2010 in - Resources
Came across this via a blog I look at.
You may find it of interest...

http://www.webliterate.com/2010/08/the-snowflake-method-of-plotting-a-novel/

Comments

• Anyone done this?
  • Seems very complicated to me... kind of mind mapping in linear form.

I have been using the Marshall plan for my current book, which I find works a treat (it's simple, much like myself ;) )
  • Thanks for that Carol.
  • Don't you get very cold?
  • Thanks for that Carol - there's plenty of links on there to some good stuff
  • This sounds quite complicated. Not sure how you move from one page summary to 90,000 word novel!
  • Yes it looked a bit complex to me, but that may just be it wouldn't suit my style of structuring.
    I can see that it would work for some writers, but I suspect it is very much dependant on the type of writer you are...
  • Oh dear, that wouldn't work for me at all - far too rigid!
  • took a quick loo,, not that I can plot a novel any more - not at the moment anyway - and saw the dread word
    spreadsheet.
    I stopped there. Once you get into that kind of technology, forget it. Novels are physical fluid things, not capable of being pinned down to a spreadsheet, surely!

I have a novel started, a genuine unchannelled-straight-out-of-my-head novel, I have the basis and nothing else. I have o time to write it, at the moment. If I can find time at work, I will. It would be good to let the creative instincts run riot again, I have to say.
  • Looked a bit to complex for me, but I'm sure it would work for some people :)
  • Strangely enough I was supposed to be having a look at this for my homework over the summer as our tutor came across it, but didn't manage to do anything with it, far too busy holidaying and judging July's one word challenge! :)