Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Been to China but now I'm back

edited October 2010 in - Resources
Hi all,
Hope you're all well.
I've been on a wonderful trip to China but now I'm back and I wanted to say hi and let you know about some things coming up on my blog and my bit of good news.

First up, I've just posted an interview with Award winning author, Sophie McKenzie
http://talltalesandshortstories.blogspot.com/2010/10/interview-with-award-winning-author.html

Here are some things to look forward to...

* I have a great agent interview waiting in the wings.

* An interview with an award winning publisher and several of its authors.

* Details of a fantastic competition for aspiring writers.

* Debut author interviews and Award winning author interviews.

* Book reviews and all things Children's and YA fiction and non-fiction.

And finally, yesterday was the official launch and announcement of the winners of the Royal Mint 2012 Olympic 50p design competition. Some of you on facebook may have already seen my news but I was one of the winners!! Yay!! :D And my rather windswept picture was on the Sky News website
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/London-Olympics-Royal-Mint-Issues-New-Set-Of-50p-Coins-To-Mark-2012-Olympic-And-Paralympic-Games/Article/201010215756875?f=rss

Tracy :)

Comments

• How exciting! You have made your mark on history, Tracy! Did they let you keep the giant coin?
  • They did indeed, Lou. It was delivered Tuesday morning by a very bemused postman.
  • Congratulations Tracy!
  • many congratulations! So much going on in your life!
  • Already congratulated you on Facebook but well done again!
  • Well done Tracy, how exciting!
  • You are one busy person, Tracy ! Great stuff !
  • You've been chosen for posterity!
  • Fabulous news Tracy, congratulations.
  • congratulations!
  • That has to be one of the most throwaway 'gasp' titles to a thread...
  • Wow, congratulations!
  • Ah, thanks guys. I am rather chuffed. :D
  • [quote=Tracy]It was delivered Tuesday morning by a very bemused postman. [/quote]

:D
  • I got back from my holiday and was thrown in at the deep end by having to get up at the crack of dawn to go and do a couple of live radio interviews about the win. That was an interesting experience!! So I'm still playing catch up with myself - I need a holiday to recover from how manic its been since I got back. ;) We also came back to a leaking water tank so trying to dry the house out too!!
  • [quote=Tracy]It was delivered Tuesday morning by a very bemused postman. [/quote]

Wow! Where are you keeping it?
  • Wow thats brilliant news :)
  • [quote=Baggy Books]Wow! Where are you keeping it? [/quote]

Perhaps she's ordered a giant piggy bank!
  • [quote=Lou Treleaven]Baggy Books wrote: Wow! Where are you keeping it?

Perhaps she's ordered a giant piggy bank! [/quote]

What a great idea Lou - I hadn't thought of that!! At the moment it's squeezed up against the wall behind the bed in the spare room.