Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

2011 targets

2»

Comments

• Well done. Courage :) .
  • [quote=dora]Except when it's in your bed and it bites you. [/quote] :)
  • edited January 2011
    Are you on track with your targets?
  • Hello Stan and everyone else

I decided late last year that THIS year I really must have summat to show for all this time I spend keying in, apart from a load of unfinished stories.

So, I set myself a target of sending out at least one piece of writing a month.

So far I have done that, sent out a story in January, and entered the words with Jam comp.

I am now three quarters way through my February sub, and have started one for March.

Hope you are all keeping to your targets too.

:)
  • Hello dora and everyone else - I am on target with my book writing.
  • Are you on traget so far with your writing aims?
  • pbwpbw
    edited February 2011
    [quote=Stan2]Are you on track with your targets? [/quote]
    Um, no not really. A job would be nice. So would an agent. Unfortunately, being new to the 'author's life' I have been wildly way beyond optimistic about what it means to be 'publisher ready'. However, although I am 'back to the drawing board', my gut tells me that a rethink/reworking of my project should move it forward. Watch this space...(on the other hand probably better not to, you might be here a long time).
  • All the best PBW with your writing.
  • Hello Stan

glad to see you're on target

[quote=Stan2]Are you on traget so far with your writing aims? [/quote]

Yes I am (see above)
  • Well done dora.
  • Well done Stan :)
  • Thank you.
  • You're welcome.
  • Well so far I am more on track with somethings than others.

The weight loss is going steadily in the right direction. I have had a pre-induction for stopping smoking and it has really given me food for thought (not on the pros and cons - obviously more cons than pros - but on my personal reasons for thinking this is something that I need/want in my life) and I am hoping to be ready to stop shortly especially with a full proper hypnotherapy session. I am beginning to see where I have been going wrong before.

As for my writing, well not a prolific as I would have liked. In fact it has been sporadic to say the least. I have managed a few poems and have still been attending my writing group most weeks. I have been reading more again though. Lets hope I can get on with regular writing a bit more over the coming months. WIP has not progressed much but have been mulling it over and have seen some flaws and have finally figured out where I need to alter it and how. I've made notes on this but not really written anything more on it. I have also looked into some one day writing workshops which I might book later in the year.

I have met a few more people in the area who are slightly nearer my age although none that I know well enough to really call friends yet.

I do feel much more positive though in myself, or perhaps I just feel more confident and happier in my own skin (if that makes any sense). So all in all since in isn't even the middle of Feb I a quite happy with my progress. :)
  • feeling confident and happy in your own skin is the very first step to the new you, Gina, the one you want to be, the slimmer non smoking writer, if I can say that! You're doing really well, so don't push yourself too hard to do more than you feel you can at any given moment. Overload can be disastrous. The fact you know what is wrong with the novel is a huge step, sorting it will be a pleasure when time/incentive hits you, both at the same instant, usually!
  • well done Gina, you sound as if you are making some good life decisions, the writing will happen.
  • How's everyone doing with their targets for this year?