Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Linking up all the various networky stuff?

edited February 2011 in - Resources
Sorry if the answer to this is blindingly obvious to some, or if the ground has been covered before. But I'm wondering if anyone can advise me on how to link up my brand new Facebook page with my (so far little-used) Tweety thing and with the blog I'm planning to write weekly from now on (oh and with my website too!)

My question is partly technical - is there a good low-techie way to keep all these things in phase with each other, or at least 'see' them all on the same page while I'm updating them?

But it's also a strategy question. I'm keen to promotoe my children's books by using the best combination of the above things that I can - without having to spend too much time on them each day.

Grateful for any suggestions.

Comments

• Rosalie I know you can show tweets in a box on a blog. Someone has a little facebook symbol on there's. So you can probably link them in somehow but I don't know how, sorry.
  • It's all a mystery to me, I'm on Facebook but that's all I can manage. Good luck with promoting your book though. Apparently blogs, websites and twitters are all essential promotion tools these days. Oh for the days when a book signing was all that was needed.
  • If you use blogspot there is a gadget you can add that shows your recent twitters.
    Same for facebook, search for tweetdeck. It does the same thing :)
  • If you use Networked Blogs on facebook it will automatically feed your blog onto your facebook page.
    As bored robots suggested - I use tweetdeck to link my tweets to facebook and twitter.
    There are gadgets to show twitter streams and you can also get a gadget that you and others can use to share your posts on twitter and facebook.
  • Thanks folks - that is all really helpful.
  • What's RSS feeds? Is that the same or is that just for looking at other people's?
  • Is yours on Blogger? If so I wrote a post with step by step instructions of how to send to from your blog to twitter and from there
    to facebook. If it's any help here's the link

http://fiona-maddock.blogspot.com/2010/12/how-to-forward-your-blogger-posts-to.html
  • That's great, PBW - just what I needed to know :)