Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Interview with the 2010 Times Chicken House Winner: JANET FOXLEY

edited March 2011 in - Resources
'I'd lock myself in the toilet for hours at a time to tell my stories, because it was the only place where a child got any privacy in the 1950s – no playing in your bedroom in those days. Fortunately we had an indoor toilet in every house we moved to. If I'd had to go outside to a cold, dark, spider-infested lean-to I might never have grown up to be a writer!'

Interview with the 2010 Times Chicken House Winner: JANET FOXLEY talks about writing Muncle Trogg.
A great insightful interview for anyone interested in writing for the 7+ age group and an inspiring story about one writer who never gave up!
http://talltalesandshortstories.blogspot.com/2011/03/interview-with-2010-times-chicken-house.html

Comments

• ^^^ :)
  • Just read that, thank you Tracy for yet another great interview. You really have missed your vocation I'm sure you should be on the radio doing some kind of book programme!
    Well done again.
  • What a wonderful imagination Janet Foxley has. Some really encouraging advice too.
  • Glad you both enjoyed the interview. I'm going to add the comments to the blog for Janet to see, if that's ok?

ceka - not sure I have the voice for radio, always makes me cringe when I hear myself speak! :)
  • A fox in the chicken house?
  • edited March 2011
    [quote=Jay Mandal]A fox in the chicken house? [/quote]

Damn, I missed that as a great tagline. Very good, Jay! :D
  • edited March 2011
    A really good and encouraging interview, Tracy. It's the 10 years of writing and 8 re-drafts (or is it 8 years and 10 re-drafts in my case) which ring true. Please thank Janet from me :) .

I couldn't agree more with her on the supreme value of using Cornerstones. I'm due to use them again - if we can afford it.
  • I've put your comment on the blog for her to see. :)