Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

AUTHORS FOR JAPAN

edited March 2011 in - Resources
AUTHORS FOR JAPAN
Here's how it works:
Several authors have put up some fantastic items for auction. You make your bid and the sucessful winning bid is paid to the Red Cross Japan Tsunami Appeal.

The auction will open at 8am GMT tomorrow (Tuesday 15th March) and close at 8pm on Sunday (the 20th).

To get involved and to see the great books, critiques, dedications, and artwork up for auction, please go to
http://authorsforjapan.wordpress.com/

Comments

• Bringing to attention of those who might have missed it earlier.
  • I'll put the details on my blog for tomorrow to follow up the initial piece I did on this at the weekend.
    Thanks Tracy.
  • Auction now open for bids.
  • I was having a look last night and there are some good opportunities.
  • ^^^ :D
  • There are some fantastic items to bid for.
    We are offering a copy of Diamonds and Pearls signed by many of the 34 contributors.
  • Some great things to bid for. I have bid on three things - I want to win them, but I also want the prices to go up as it is such an important cause.
  • it is a great idea, hope they make lots of money. Nothing I want to bid for, though, so I am donating through World Vision instead.
  • I just hope those who don't win a bid still donate. Must admit I'm not bidding for anything either as I'd already made a donation to the Red Cross Tsunami Appeal and Red Nose so I simply can't afford any more.
  • I've been wondering if Red Nose will get less money because of the situation in Japan. Apparently DEC isn't planning to launch an appeal, but they give details of appeals by other agencies:

http://www.dec.org.uk/item/497
  • Still open for bidding
  • I'm winning two things at the moment. I really need at least one of them :)
  • Exciting. I love auctions and this beats eBay any day!
  • lots of positive thoughts coming your way, Mutley!
  • I won, I won, I won!
    A crit of the first 2000 words from a novel and a query letter plus copy of Kate Harrison's latest book.
  • Congratulations writebag.
  • I think I have won a bookcover. Brilliant news. So very happy as that is all I need for my next book to go to Kindle.
  • Well done Writebag and Mutley!
  • Looks as though I won the signed Diamonds and Pearls - yippeee!!!!
  • congratulations!
  • Well done all.
  • Can't wait for my signed copy of Diamonds and Pearls, need to go and pay for it now :)

Authors for Japan has been a wonderful enterprise - many thanks to Keris who organised it.
  • I can't believe I only had to pay £45 for a cover that should have been $250 - I feel guilty at getting something so good so cheap.
  • I received a fantast crit on the first 2000 words of my novel and query letter from Kate Harrison. She was encouraging and very thorugh and has given me renewed interest in the project. Worth every penny of the £115.
  • I love my multi-signed copy of Diamonds and Pearls.