Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Character Flaws

edited April 2011 in - Resources
I always have a problem when it comes to thinking about character flaws. I want my romance characters to be 'nice', but they still have to have flaws to make them human. I found this today and have found it really useful. Hope it helps others if you have the same difficulty as me.

http://www.darkworldrpg.com/lore/flaws.html

Comments

• I have problems with some of my characters. :)
  • There has to be conflict in your story, Meg, so this could suggest flaws. For example, if a romance is going to be seriously threatened, it might arise because he or she can't resist the attentions of third parties.
  • An interesting article. It’s part of a character game online? Is it like World of War craft and Runescape or have I got the wrong idea...
  • [quote=Carol]I have problems with some of my characters.[/quote]

yyyeees, "drums fingers on table top" I have problems with some characters toooooo
  • Dwight you have just solved a problem that I have with one of my characters in the short story I'm revising- you said, [quote=Dwight]There has to be conflict in your story, Meg, so this could suggest flaws[/quote]
    Jack has to have a task made difficult and I now know how- he's untidy.
    Thanks.