Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

WRITING COMPETITION!!! - Children's & YA Fiction

edited April 2011 in - Resources
It's a fantastic opportunity to get your work seen by agents, editors, booksellers and literary scouts. Undiscovered Voices will include a dozen extracts early readers up through young adult novels. The anthology will be published in 2012 and sent free of charge to UK editors and agents focusing on children’s literature, in the hopes of getting these authors discovered.

Here are the judges for UV 2012 and I'm sure you'll agree it's quite a list!

JO ANNE COCADIZ, Book Buyer/Seller for Foyles children’s books
AMBER CARAVEO, Editorial Director at Orion Children’s Books
JULIA CHURCHILL, Literary Agent for Greenhouse Literary Agency
DAGMAR GLEDITZSCH, Literary Scout
CATHERINE PELLEGRINO, Literary Agent at Rogers, Coleridge & White
JASMINE RICHARDS, Senior Commissioning Editor at Oxford University Press
JENNY SAVILL, Literary Agent at Andrew Nurnberg Associates
RACHEL BODEN, Commissioning Editor at Egmont

And the competition's Honorary Chair is award-winning author MALORIE BLACKMAN

http://talltalesandshortstories.blogspot.com/2011/04/writing-competition-childrens-ya.html

Comments

• Great opportunity and I bet they'll get a lot of entries.
  • Thanks Tracy, I've sent that to several, unpublished, brilliant children's'writers I know!
  • I entered a few years ago - be aware that it costs quite a lot to join SCBWI and you have to be a member to enter in the first place
  • I have made it clear you need to be a member and there's a link to the SCBWI subscription page. I've listed all the other things on offer to British Isles members so all the information's at hand to make an informed choice. :)
  • ^^ For anyone who may not have seen it. I've added links to two more blogs on the official blog tour. One is from one of the competition judges.