Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Pill Hill Press still wants flash submissions

edited April 2011 in - Resources
http://www.pillhillpress.com/flash2012.html

I hope I've got that link right.
Just to remind everyone that the 2012 Daily Flash Anthology by Pill Hill Press is still looking for submissions. I've had four stories accepted and hoping that more talkbackers will be in it to keep me company - there's quite a few of us in the 2011 Anthology.
So - come on - get writing.
Incidentally - I believe it's 'any genre' so this isn't just one for the horror writers among us.

Comments

• thanks for the reminder, Claudia, will go look what I have.
  • I would submit, but to get permission from my parents is embarrassing and time consuming, so I don't think I'll bother for a couple of years.
  • That's a shame, Pixie. I didn't know permission was required by Pill Hill Press for submissions by 'minors'. Out of interest - after what age is permission not necessary? Just wondering if- like the alcohol laws - it's older in the States?
  • From 16-18 you need permission, otherwise if you're 19 or older you can submit no problem. These wasn't in place last year, I don't think. It's in their submission guidelines. I noticed them around October last year.
  • Strange. You're an adult at 18. It is a UK press, isn't it?
  • American. It's based in Nebraska, so I think laws very from state to state, because I can submit to Static Movement, who is based in Georgia no problem.
  • Yeah seems strange that but that's the difference in world markets I guess. Not sure why it's 'embarrassing and time consuming' though. Is this something to do with your parents wanting to read before signing?
  • No, nothing like that. I just like keeping my writing private from my parents. They know I do it, and I know they're proud with me, but I just keep it private.
  • Would they not consider giving you the permission without reading first if you explained how you felt?
  • Just back and picked this up again.
    I think I understand that you like to keep your writing private, Pixie. I rarely showed my parents anything I'd written when I was your age. But now I'm really curious about how you manage to keep things private? If memory serves, you've been accepted into quite a large number of anthologies (for which huge congratulations). Apart from the sheer expense of buying all those books, don't your parents want to read them?
  • edited April 2011
    Well, they know I get into anthologies if I actually tell them (Otherwise they find out through social networking sites) and I've only bought a selection of them because I can't afford to buy all the ones I'm in. My parents do read them, and I know my dad has my blog bookmarked on his phone to show his colleagues at work. Other than that, my parents don't really ask, because I don't really tell. I've become a very private person in the last few months. It's easier that way.
  • thanks for this, i've entered :)
  • 100% guaranteed, you'll be accepted, Shellw!
  • [quote=ceka]100% guaranteed, you'll be accepted, Shellw! [/quote]

Not always. Many writers have been rejected because of various reasons. It could be the story isn't right, the standard isn't to the editor's liking, or it may be a case of changing certain things like swear words, references to violent sex/rape/children/religious etc.
  • Thanks for that Claudia - better get scribbling.
  • Good luck, moirasara.

Red is correct regarding acceptance - don't assume this editor will accept sub-standard stories because she won't. Believe me, I know from experience! ;)
  • Just refreshing this thread to give another reminder for this anthology - link is at the top of the page.
    There´s still space and the editor is now accepting more that four entries per author. (I´ve now got six stories in this one!)
    Good luck to all who give it a go.