Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Twitter - find out who 'unfollows' you

edited May 2011 in - Resources
Tweeters all get paranoid if our follower numbers drop, and wading through the list to see who's gone can be frustrating.

I've started using Twitter UnFollower Tracker at http://who.unfollowed.me You just sign in using your Twitter account and it tells you who's gone.

V. handy. Thought you might be interested.

Comments

• Crikey, do people really wade through the list to find out whos's dropped them? I think I'd rather not know! My numbers seem to go up and down almost at random, though I always assume that 'companies' follow you for a while to see if they can get you following them and if you don't, they drop you.
  • I'm not particularly bothered - just intrigued. Mind you, you really do wonder why some people (not spammers) follow you in the first place.
  • [quote=Rosalie]Crikey, do people really wade through the list to find out whos's dropped them? [/quote] -

that was my first thought too, Rosalie. My followers also fluctuate randomly but it's not a popularity contest so I pay no heed. Would it make any difference knowing WHO had unfollowed me? None in the slightest.

My one concern is that facebook has a spamming message circulating which is based on finding out information about who is friending you (and all your "friends" will know you wanted to find out because it automatically posts to them when you open the link!) - I hope Twitter doesn't fall prey to the same scam.
  • Why does it matter if someone 'unfollows' you?
    Are the words 'Get a Life' appropriate?
  • It's just interesting. Some people get really paranoid about it. I usually find it's the spammy ones you don't want anyway that 'fall away'. I'd only worry if it was real friends disappearing in which case I'd wonder what I'd done to upset or bore them. :)
  • I understand that some people follow you by mistake, so have to unfollow you.

I've put a like on Amazon by mistake - I thought it was a link and would take me somewhere.