Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

My Weekly Pocket Novels

edited June 2011 in - Writing Problems
I know Megrose has been getting them too, but I've being having trouble getting them this last few weeks. The newsagent that usually has them in, hasn't. I've tried WH Smith and either they're selling out quickly, but there's been none on Saturday's but there have been PF ones.
Anyone got any news on when the 50,000 ones are starting?

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Just got back from holiday to find this week's copy has been delivered - but still at 30,000 words, Carol.

eta: I've ordered mine from the local newsagent for a few weeks, which does, at least, ensure I get a copy. I hope they get a move on with the 50,000 words, though.
  • I'm wondering if they have not been getting many in, or those they have, haven't been up to standard.
  • I thought the longer ones were due to start in July?
  • Hadn't heard that PM. The date that I was aware of was in May.
  • edited June 2011
    I had an e-mail (now deleted - sorry) saying about the change. Thought she (Maggie Seed) was only taking 50,000 word subs from May and the new length books would be out in July. Would make sense as obviously it'd take a while from subbing to publication and prior to May she was (I think) still taking the shorter length subs.

I might have remembered it incorrectly though.
  • Thanks. :)
  • Haven't seen any in Tesco's for a while now.