Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Title problems

edited June 2011 in - Writing Problems
I am writing a crime novel, its the second in a series. It is based on a drug dealer that uses children to deliver his gear and also to ocllect money. It starts with a 12 year old girl waking and going to scholl as normal, when she gets to scholl a 17year old lad is waiting for her. As she walks up to him, she takes a kitchen knife from her clarinet case and repeatably stabs him killing him. The police have to investigate and find a stream of youngster being used in this way however known of them know who they are working for as all information is given to them through socialnetworking sites. My title favorite title at teh moment is 'In the shadows of his children'. any other suggestions would be gratefully received.

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Not sure about using the word 'children' in the title.

But my first alternative is 'Suffer the little children'. Not sure if that's been used before. It is OK to use the same title that someone else has used, but it's not a good idea if their book is already famous.

Something using the work 'network(ing)'? 'Anti-social network(ing)'?

Or 'play'?

Or a synonym for drugs?
  • I think the anti-social networking was a Talkback thread title!
  • http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=Suffer+the+little+children

Books with the title 'Suffer the Little Children'.
  • Something incorporating the word 'running'?
  • Thanks Jay, I was thinking of using the social networking angle however the story is more about this faceless criminal that hides behind the children he uses to do his dirty work. Each of these children/teenagers has a secret he knows that becomes the reason he can get them to do the work in first place.
  • Not really appropriate, but Black E-mailing?
  • Faceless?

(almost a bit of a play on Facebook too, though not sue-ably such!)
  • Facecrook!
  • The Net.

The children are caught like fish...in The Net.
    Organisation through The Net.
    Anonimity "
    Trapped in "
    etc

It is short. Evocative. Intriguing. It speaks.

just a thought...
  • Like it, Bill.
  • Nah it needs to be more aligned to Faginism and the puppet master if anything.

'Pocket Full of Shadows'

Something like that anyhow. Playing on the picking of pockets, the shadow master and also the collection of kids for criminal gain.
  • How about Shadow Hawkers
  • I thought puppetmaster-y type things too ST. I also very much like The Net and Facecrook though! What about The Web Master?
  • How about (The) Faceless Shadows
  • Cliff Richard and the ... (Sorry.)
  • [quote=Jay Mandal]Cliff Richard and the ... (Sorry.) [/quote]
    That would be Spliff Richard, Jay.

The Net Weaver?
    Spider, Spider?
    The Chain Dancers?
  • [quote=Jay Mandal]Cliff Richard and the ... (Sorry.)[/quote] The Faceless Shadows that's quite clever Jay I like
    How about
    Tarnished Innocents