Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

'Full citations'

I'm considering entering a competition for a collection of short stories. It's only open to people who've had the required amount of work published already - I have. One rule says

"Each submission must include a list of the writer's published short fiction work, with full citations."

Does that just mean a list saying what was published when and where, or are they asking for some kind of proof, do you think?

Comments

• They probably want the name, date and ISSN of the magazine the story appeared in as well as the story details.
    The ISSN is usually with the magazine details on the contents page.
    But you could query them to confirm what details the 'full citation' covers?
  • Thanks, Carol. I doubt I'd get in trouble for too much info, so will include ISSNs (If I can find them) Got in a panic thinking they'd want clippings or something.
  • I would contact them to confirm what they DO want PM, but I would assume the ISSN of the magazine would be needed to confirm that your stories are yours and have appeared in those publications.
  • What they are after is basically a full bibliographic reference. So:

* Author name
    * Title of work.
    * Title of publication [if different, i.e magazine, anthology, collection.]
    * Editor [if a compiled work.]
    * Year of publication.
    * Publisher
    * Location of publisher
    * Website URL [if online.]
  • What was the amount of work you had to have published PM?
  • It was at least 3 short stories in nationaly available mags, or a novel, but they seem to want details of all published work. Comp details here http://patsy-collins.blogspot.com/