Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Interview with a Commissioning Editor of children's and YA books

edited June 2011 in - Resources
Catnip Publishing is an independent publisher of children's books for all ages from picture books to YA. Their list includes award winning authors and books, and new editions of old favourites. Tall tales & short stories talks to Catnip's Commissioning Editor, Non Pratt.

http://talltalesandshortstories.blogspot.com/2011/06/interview-with-non-pratt-commissioning.html

Comments

• They sound great - I like her energy and enthusiasm. But as they don't accept unsolicited manuscripts I can't approach them. How frustrating!
  • Of course, it can be worth writing to a publisher who says 'no unsoliciteds' to ask if they would allow you to submit.

I've never had one say yes - but you never know...
  • [quote=Lou Treleaven]They sound great - I like her energy and enthusiasm. But as they don't accept unsolicited manuscripts I can't approach them. How frustrating!
    [/quote]

Lou - she's not accepting unsolicited at the moment but that may change in the future, so worth keeping an eye on.