Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

How Do I Know If I Have Uploaded My Competition Entry Correctly?

edited July 2011 in - Writing Problems
Hello, I'm a complete newbie to this forum and after a few years break from writing, I have recently come back and last week, sent in an entry into the 'First Line Short Story Competition'. However, it has all changed since I used to submit entries into WM competitions as they used to be sent by post and now it's all uploaded via the computer. Can anyone tell me how I can be sure that my entry has been submitted successfully? When I log in to my account, I can see it listed as a payment made, does this mean that the submission is ok? I was a bit unsure as to what format my story was written in as I used Microsoft Office Word and didn't know if it was compatible or not.

Thank you. Looking forward to spending more time on this forum.

Pippa

Comments

• Hi Pippa, welcome.
    I know a few have entered online, so they may be able to help.
    But you can still send an entry by post if you need to.

Do you mean which version of Word that is compatible?
  • Hello Carol

Ah, I didn't know that I could still enter by post. I have just re-subscribed to WM after my long break, so I suppose the information would all be in there wouldn't it. It would be handy to be able to submit entries online though, I'd just like to be sure that I'm doing it properly and the entries are ending up where they should be!

Many thanks
    Pippa
  • Welcome Pippa. Yes, I always enter by post too, so can't offer much help, but if it's taken your money I would think it highly likely your entry was accepted OK. Word would be the most common way of submitting so I would not think compatibility would be a problem.
  • I'm sure that's fine, Pippa.
    I send all mine as Word and they just end up in the 'paid' list in my account too.
  • That's useful to know Heather, so if you enter online and it doesn't appear as paid then you know to query it.