Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Caption Contest

edited August 2011 in - Resources
Anyone tried this from Readers Digest? It's monthly and you could win £100.
www.readersdigest.co.uk/caption.html

Comments

• Not tried it before but certainly going to enter it.
  • Have just seen a copy of the Australian Readers Digest and will certainly never, never buy one.
    It is page after page of advertisments. Any stories, jokes, comments or other writings that used to be so enjoyable are hidden away among more advertisments.
    Why they charge anything at all for it is beyond me as obviously the income is from advertising.
    They have ruined a great magazine and I trust their sales fall through the floor. Whether this is only the Australian version I do not know but it has certainly put me off ever buying one anywhere in the world again.
  • Readers Digest had big financial problems in 2010, pongo, and they had to be refinanced to keep going.
  • I have entered it its a bit of fun.
  • Exactly. And flash fiction of the briefest kind.
  • 'He lied to all his friends in the pub that he knew David Dickinson. Now he has to carry this around all the time in case he bumps into one of them.'
  • [quote=Carol]Readers Digest had big financial problems in 2010, pongo, and they had to be refinanced to keep going.[/quote]

Thanks for that, Carol. Interesting. If they got back to basics as they used to be and abandoned all their ridiculous continuous mail-out rubbish they would have a world leader. I am available to run their empire if they need me. A modest salary would suffice and just a small car with it.
    Have computer, will travel.