Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Does anyone know how to upload book content (PDF) from Mobipocket Creator to Kindle please?

KazKaz
edited August 2011 in - Writing Problems
Hi Guys.

Just wondering if anyone can help me out please. I want to sell a couple of my novels as downloads. Both are in PDF format, so I downloaded Mobipocket Creator earlier and converted the files into the suggested layout. However, once on the Amazon/ Kindle page where you list details of your book for sale, when I press 'browse' I can't seem to locate the file to upload! Or are you meant to be able to upload it direct from the Mobi site?

If anyone is currently selling their books this way and can advise me, I'd be extremely grateful.

Thanks! Kaz

Comments

• I know others can probably tell you the correct actions. I'm not sure if you can do it from a pdf format for Kindle...
  • Kaz, with both my novels, I've saved the file in Word as a 'filtered web page' before putting it into Mobipocket Creator, so I'm not sure about what happens with the PDF. But once I've put it through Mobipocket and processed it, I then find the files in 'My Publications' in Word. The file you need is the one that says 'ebook' in the details and has the Mobipocket icon next to it.

Hope that helps. Good luck!
  • Kaz If you're still having problems there is more information on my website in the Tips for Kindle. www.carolarnall.com
    If you're just uploading for Kindle you don't need to save to PDF format.
  • Thanks so much, girls. I'll try out all your suggestions. I was being a bit lazy really, as the published version was already in PDF format, though I could transform it to Word.

Best, Kaz
  • [quote=CarolA]Thanks so much, girls. I'll try out all your suggestions. I was being a bit lazy really, as the published version was already in PDF format, though I could transform it to Word.[/quote]
    If you get really stuck with uploading, KDP will convert it for you. You simply put convert into the subject line.
  • Is the Quote facility playing up again?