Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Fancy being a columnist? Competition to write 6 columns

edited October 2011 in - Resources
For anyone who fancies being a columnist, No 1 magazine are running a competition to allow the winner to write 6 columns for them. The closing date is 9 November.

You have to write one full column of 700-1000 words, a 500 word break down of what you would write forthe further columns and 100-200 words about you and send that together with a head shot to [email protected] or PSP Publishing Ltd PSP House 50 High Craighall Road Glasgow G4 9UD.

The competition closes 9th November and the entries will be online from 11 November for voting to take place until 11 December. There will be a fee paid to the winner for the columns although it doesnt say what that fee will be!

Comments

• A head shot?

Ooer, is a gun involved in this? Do I take it they have a thing about splattered brains ....?

ttoffee, do you know what happens to the entries that don't win? I mean, does this publishing place have all rights? Is there a website with the rules?

Many thanks for the info ttoffee.
  • Here's a link to their site which tells you more about the magazine (Scottish celebrity gossip and lifestyle mag):

http://www.psppublishing.com/no1magazine.html
  • You'd have to contact them to clarify I suspect.
  • They also have a magazine website at www.no1magazine.co.uk

The magazine doesnt give away anything about rights for entries that dont win...