Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Amazon Trade-In on books

edited February 2012 in - Resources
Ploughing through the small print on this as a way to finance the purchase of MORE BOOKS !

Any experiences of it, please ?

Comments

• Interestingly, I got a push email from them asking if I wanted to sell a hardback I'd bought last year. They gave me a second-hand price. I might have, but the book belongs to my core research library so I didn't take them up on it.

The price they offered wasn't brilliant, but I guess it could provide a useful service if you are having a clear out, and you can sell the marketable stuff and take what's left over to the charity shops.

A parallel experience I have just completed is with musicMagpie.com. You can sell your unwanted DVDs/CDs. That is one helluva good service, and the courier even comes to collect. It's not a massive amount of money but these days every little bit helps, and pro-rata it's easier money to earn than slogging at some not-even-minimum-wage drudgery.

http://www.musicmagpie.co.uk/index.asp