Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Erewash Writers' Group Competitions are open to all

2»

Comments

• Actually, I thought the first and second prize winners were masterpieces. The first one was so powerful on description, and as for the wolf - what a voice! Poor wolf.
  • Yes, there are some brilliant writers out there. I love reading all the stories that come into the comps.
  • I want to thank various people for the retweets of my success as a finalist in the START competition. It helps to raise my profile as a writer. I realise the comp. entry fees go towards charity and I plan to enter more competitions on the site, but bear in mind my output of short stories is very low. I take FOREVER to write one, so don't hold your breath, but thanks again, anyway.
  • [quote=pbw]I realise the comp. entry fees [/quote]

There were no fees to the comp you entered, PBW.

There were no fees to the comps held in autumn last year where we gave £140 out in prizes, plus £40 to charity (£60 having already been paid out earlier in the year to charity).

Comp fees first go into the prize fund, then some will be allocated to charity and some allocated to the group to pay for group writing events.
  • [quote=dora]There were no fees to the comp you entered, PBW.[/quote]

Thanks for the reminder. I was vaguely wondering about it. What I should have said, is in future, I shall endeavour to enter the paid ones, to help you build up the next charity fund.
  • Awww, that brill, thank you, Peebeewubblewoo. :)