Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Hi, I am new here and I need some advice on competitions.

edited June 2014 in Writing
As I said in the title; I am new here and I want some advice on competitions. So far I’ve entered two competitions (open to everybody); both have been sent through the post, rather than being uploaded. The reason I haven’t uploaded is because I am not sure how it is done. Your magazine tells me, along with the story, to send a Competition form with my entry (Short Story Competition) this would include payment (Bank details). But how does that work if you are uploading your story? Do you have to photocopy the entry form, fill it out, and attack it to the story; along with the front cover and story or do you have an online form to fill out?
I’ve been buying your excellent magazine from the shops, but will shortly take out a subscription.
Thank you.

Comments

• Hello voice, this is a forum for writers, but Webbo does visit, he'll be here tomorrow, I'll flag your comment for him and he can advise you.
  • Welcome to TB!
    You register online with all your details so no need to send a form when you upload your story or poem and payment is taken too.
  • Welcome voice. I've entered several Writing Mag competitions online.
    It does take a bit of effort, but once you've worked out how it gets easier!
    Good luck.
  • Hello.
  • Hello, voice. Good luck with the comp.
  • Hi,

As Nefertari says, once you're registered your details are on the system and you just need to add the title and upload your story. If it's a competition with an entry fee the cost will then be added to your 'basket' and you pay as though you'd bought a product online.

The system was down though. If it still is that would explain why you're having trouble.
  • Hi voice. I hope you manage to upload it successfully.
  • Good luck in the comps voice. Fingers crossed.
  • I like to thank everybody for their good advice and warm welcome.

Even though I have been getting the magazine (Writing Magazine) for a few months, today I have taken out a subscription.

Again thanks Glenn (voice)