Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Kika RIP

edited July 2014 in Writing
My cat Kika - a blog in her memory.

http://lizy-expat-writer.blogspot.com.es/

Comments

• Awww, so sorry, Liz. What a lovely cat. Read the blog - wish I could comment, but as you know, I can't. XXXXXXXX
  • Sorry to hear about Kika, a real character.
  • I just wrote a long reply on your blog, but it disappeared.
    Sorry to hear this, Liz, but given your plans for the future, maybe it's the best way. We inherited a cat, Sir Charles, aka Charles Edouard, at our old house. He was 11 then and it had been his home from the day he was born. He refused to leave, so we came to an agreement with his owners. When we left 6 years later, the new owners promised to look after him, but refused to allow him in the house. In the end he voted with his paws and walked off, never to be seen again, which still breaks our hearts.
    They are all unique, and sorely missed. Kika chose you, and lively a happy life with you. Sir Charles chose the house, and we lived in willing serfdom to his every whim. Soft doesn't begin to cover it!
    A lovely blog post, Lizy, in honour of a dear friend.
  • So sorry Lizy. Read your blog post. A lovely cat.
  • I had a cat called Jerry - lived with me and my partner at the time who became my ex. She got custody of the cats - I was away too much. Anyway he died last year aged 26 - we had him from a kitten - It's always sad - like losing a member of the family. He had a wonderful life and gave back much more love than he ever recieved. In 26 years not once did he ever catch a mouse or a bird. his brother, who we had from a kitten as well (died at aged 16), would regularly bring in mice/birds/voles and baby rabbits even usually alive and well. Jerry used to sit and stare at him in amazement as if to say 'How do you DO that!'

As long as they had a good life and well cared for you can take comfort in that I think. They always give more than they receive.
  • Your Jerry sound amazing - 26 is almost a record! Kika never bothered with hunting - all she had to do was look pathetic and we fed her, so what was the point? Local sparrows would tweet derisively from the bouganvilla and she hardly even raised her head!
  • Sorry to hear about Kika, many people underestimate the love a pet can give.