Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Writing Robots, Really?

edited July 2014 in Writing
I try not to take anything in Metro too seriously, but surely this is an April Fool joke (in July)? Has anyone any experience of it and does it really work? Would it work for fiction even?

Meet the robots writing your news articles: The rise of automated journalism
http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/10/meet-the-robots-writing-your-news-articles-the-rise-of-automated-journalism-4792284/

Comments

• Not heard about it being used for journalism, but knew about the books thing.
  • "Hey, what's wrong with Robot's writing?" said Mr Robots.
  • It's sound in theory. It's the infinite monkeys theorem but with the added luxury of the robot being able to scrap spelling errors, nonsensical sentences, and repetition.
  • And without the infinite bananas.
  • A robot writes:
    10 PRINT "banana"
    20 GOTO 10
    Happy monkeys!
  • I've read a few books that felt like a Robot had written it...
  • A robot writes:
    10 PRINT "banana"
    20 GOTO 10
    Happy monkeys!
    That has gone completely over my head. But it is Friday and I'm only just getting my lunch after the usual Friday shopping for the horde- otherwise known as the family.

I could do with a robot to do the shopping for me.
    ~O)
  • It's a way of making a computer say 'banana' forever...still better than 'Twilight'.
  • A robot writes:
    10 PRINT "banana"
    20 GOTO 10
    Happy monkeys!
    Whatever it was you ate, Webbo, don't eat it again. It's not doing you any good, you know.