Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

The current WN Animal Poetry Comp.

edited January 2015 in Writing
Does 'Animal' mean any creature in the whole of the zoological spectrum, or are fish, and birds excluded?

Comments

• Yes Patricia, all living things are welcome!
  • Where are the details... for once, right up my street!
  • Thanks, Webbo!
  • Hmmm, seems I don't have an account? It doesn't accept my username or password and the forgotten passwords bit says I am not on the system.
  • WM account is not the same as Talkback account. If you haven't entered online before you may need to set up a new one.
  • What, what, what? Really?
  • Where would i find my subscriber number?
  • Yes, really.
    The number used to be on the plastic cover the mags came in, near the address. If you haven't got it the lovely office WM people will be able to tell you what it is.
  • I'm going to have to ask. I have just looked and though i have loads of magazines in covers, none of them are WN - it seems to be one magazine I open up and actually look at.

Thanks, Heather.
  • Well, kind Webbo (thank you!) has told me that I am registered under my old user name that had an exclamation mark. That explains everything. I can now proceed.
  • I'm in! I used the same password. I probably thought I was the same person.
  • Great! Good luck in the comp!
  • Thank you - have to write something now!
  • It always helps to do that.
  • Darn. I've just sent off my best animal poem to another comp. I could write another, but if Liz is entering, maybe not!
  • I may not, Nell. And this is a adult competition, isn't it? And I've never entered a competition before and will probably chicken out this time.

But it is helping me to get some writing done, which I haven't since last September or so.
  • AND... you can write really well, no need to worry about me, the only difference is I am published in places, that doesn't mean I'm going to write a better poem.
  • You say the nicest things!
  • I'm working on one. It's the kick I need to start writing this year!
  • Me too.