Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

70 envelopes

2»

Comments

• I'm 80 next year.

Just saying...
    This will be the first and last time I shall be doing this, sm, but I could send you a bag of 80 jelly babies if you like.

This is a great forum for ideas. You are all so creative and come up with things that would never occur to 'common' folk, i.e. non-writers.

I've got one hell of a stack of stuff. It's going to be expensive to post. I'm hoping I can send it back with someone who's coming to visit, but that depends on them having an underweight suitcase... which is unlikely because two people will be packing into it.
  • My primary school was knocked down and flats built on it. :(
    It had a couple of the doors marked as one for Boys and the other for Girls- though by the 60's that didn't apply.
  • Today the recipient received the 70 envelopes and was thrilled by the originality of the concept. They will take him into December - and he will be forced to think of me every day until then!
  • Well done Tiny Nell :)>- I'm sure he will have pleasant thoughts of you
    you certainly have gone the extra mile.
  • Thank you, C2!
  • Excellent!
  • I see a blast of good karma gathering in your vicinity.
  • Which one of the 70 is your favourite?
  • Um... the extendable back scratcher is fun.
  • Only useful if you have an extendable back though :)
  • I considered stealing your idea for Don, TN, but the thought of coming up with 80 ideas made my brain hurt.
  • Yes, it's a bit of a stretch, but at least we can put in bits of writing.
  • If you were doing it for a writer you could put in famous and humorous quotations, delicious pencils, little notebooks... I'm 57 at the end of October, if anyone is struck by this idea.
  • Yes, I put in all of those.
  • Are you now going to write Seventy Envelopes the novel, TN? I'm sure some of the envelopes will spark off some flashbacks which will conveniently mirror effects in the present day, leading to the solving of an age old mystery!
  • Oooh, Nell, or they could reveal the clues to answer an old mystery, which the recipient has to follow to find real treasure... or solve a murder...
  • "Seventy Clues" - I bet you won't find that title has been used before!