Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

PLAIGARISM?

edited February 2015 in Writing
How do I find out if the brilliant idea for a novel I had in the small hours has been written before?
I have planned it all out in my head and written chapter notes, but I don't want to embark on my first new novel for ages if it's a plot I've remembered from somewhere else.

Comments

• The thing you've got to remember is; not idea is new, or ground breaking anymore. Don't worry about those sort of things right now; worry about making the story unique, make it your own. When it's done, there won't be anything else like it.
  • Agree with TIR.

Your characters will be yours, with their own individual quirks. There are only so many plot scenarios.
  • So true. You can give 5 people in a room a plot, the characters and a storyline and each one would be unique.
  • BUT - being me, this plot is quite a twisted tale. I'll just have to hope nobody else's brain is quite as devious as mine :)
  • I think you're quite safe there :)
  • Lizy, perish the thought! Anyway, what you start out to write may not be what it ends up being - you'll deviate as the ideas come. Don't worry about plagiarism - just write the darn thing.
  • Thought I'd spelled it wrong!

Plagiarism.
    Plagiarism.
    Plagiarism.

:-S