Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

What's the weather like there?

Comments

• Breezy, sun then murky clouds. Not sure if we're going to get rain or not.
  • Breezy, cloudy and some very small sunny intervals. No rain as yet.
  • We have light rain with the breeze.
  • Sunny at present but dark clouds looming.
  • Breezy.
  • Dull and breezy.
  • The sun has come out, but still very breezy.
  • Still dull and breezy. The rain that was forecast for this afternoon hasn’t arrived yet.
  • Rain now.
  • Actually needed to wear a light rain jacket today as t'was a wee bit on chilly side.
  • We seem to have had a little rain overnight, and it's breezy with cloud cover- and some of those clouds are grey.
  • Mix of sun and clouds.
  • Same here
  • Mostly clouds, but the sun does appear to be trying to get through.
  • Bloody hot!
  • Very warm again today.

• Piping hot even now.

Hoping East MIdlands doesn't get the horrid hot air on Sunday and beyond that is expected further south.  Usually we manage to get reasonable temperatures while the south sizzles.  Keeping fingers crossed the south can keep sizzling while we remain our usual cool East MIdlands selves.
  • Hot. Someone said to me today that I should be used to it after fifteen years in Tenerife. I told them that was one reason we left - temperatures were increasing over there too.
  • Thin cloud cover at the moment, but expect it will warm up, but hopefully not as hot as yesterday.
  • Muggy today under thin cloud. 
  • Muggy.

• It started out cool today, and there were a few dark clouds, but mid-afternoon they cleared and the temperature rose- not as hot as yesterday, but warm enough for me.

• We had a really good downpour an hour ago.
  • The rain stopped lunchtime and as the low cloud cover cleared, it warmed up. 
  • Chilly willy Friday.
  • windeh.
  • Cloud cover again, so much cooler. 
  • Started out this morning in a vest top, ended up in a cardigan. And it rained.
  • Cool and cloudy.
  • brrrrrrrrrrr
  • Brighter today, and a bit warmer.
  • cloudy over here, Carol.
  • Yes, clouded over here now, though it was warmer this afternoon.
  • Back to a British summer.
  • Expecting more rain.
  • WArm warm warm warm and warm
  • Raining, my plants are loving it, and cooler.
  • It's clouding over and there's darker clouds in the distance.
  • Still hot and very humid.
    I'm on my fourth pair of pants.
    (TMI?) :)
  • We had a little bit of light rain, which disappeared within the hour, but it's comfortable to go outside now. But I would like rain.
  • Muggy. 
    I am only on my second pair of pants.
  • It was raining when I woke up! Nice steady rain, at times quite heavy. We need more, of course, though I'd rather it wasn't on Thursday when Debs, Millie and I are driving up to Yorkshire 🙂
  • Rain and it's breezy.

It's been raining steadily since yesterday evening, but no thunderstorm. The steady rainfall will be better for the ground anyway.
  • We do need the rain and it has been too hot but its a bit of a shame that the two days we have visitors are yesterday and today. Got rather damp at Birdworld yesterday!
  • But today at Wisley had none of the threatened thunderstorms :)
  • Wet - just had thunder too!
  • Since it stopped raining this morning it's remained overcast and a slight breeze.
  • Now it is raining with a vengeance
  • Just complete cloud cover.