Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

What's the weather like there?

Comments

• Rain, and dismal. The snow has gone.
  • Wet and miserable.
  • At least it’s warmer 
  • Wet again, but warmer.
  • Wet, but the temperature is rising.
  • Damp and miserable.
  • Horrible, constant heavy rain, big puddles on the main roads where the drains can't cope with the amount of rain.
  • It's so dark outside that my outside light which is on a sensor has been on all day!
  • We had a little rain, but it's drying up for now.
  • I was thinking only yesterday that the evenings were getting brighter, seeing as the days are lengthening now.  But today is a complete difference.  Seems like middle of winter now and it is only just gone half three!
  • Poured with rain periodically today - fortunately not when I was walking in it, but the pavements were rivers.
  • Heavy rain now.
  • High winds overnight and ongoing.
  • Cold and turning windy. The weather, not me!
  • Still cold and windy, but amazing rainbow cloud earlier.
  • Wet and very windy again!
  • Still wet and windy.
  • Dry but dismal.
  • Still windy, but it's dry.
  • Lots of reports of flooding. 
  • edited January 3
    Yes, it was bad yesterday on the roads near us. Thankfully it's dry at the moment, but the ground is saturated so it's going to take time for the water to go.

Been looking on X/Twitter. The bit of road and tram track not far from us is flooded again, so our nearest tram stop is out of action again- second time in a couple of months. 
  • Rain all morning. Maybe brightening up now.
  • There's a big shiny thing in the sky this morning. I can hear birds chirping down the chimney....makes a nice change.
  • Bright and dry.

It's going to take days for the road by the tram track and supermarkets to clear- the buses that go that way are on a diversionary route.
  • Pissing down. I had to change from the waist down when I got home an hour ago.
  • Been a lovely day. Rain returned this evening.
  • Overcast but no rain yet.
  • Remained dry today, but cold.
  • Wet mostly.
  • Dry all day.
  • Dry and bright.
  • Been great today.  I’ve done a bit of garden tidying and didn’t have to wear a coat. 
  • Sunny and dry today.
  • dora said:
    Been great today.  I’ve done a bit of garden tidying and didn’t have to wear a coat. 
    So did I, Dora. My green bin is almost full.
  • Our green bins are for recycling. We have brown bins for garden waste. 
    I may do some more tomorrow. 

You must have done a lot of tidying then, Lizy. 
  • Heavy frost.
  • Ooer Wilts. 

I think it’s looking ok out there today but I ain’t going out so I’ll never know for sure. 
  • Very cold today, needed to be wrapped up with hat, gloves and extra big wrap over my winter coat when I had to go up to the hospital pharmacy. Thankfully, majority of the flooding has gone, leaving a couple of big puddles on the fields and pitches..
  • Turned into a lovely day with plenty of sun.
  • Low temperature but feels like minus 1 out due to the wind direction.
  • Dry, cloudy, not too cold.
  • Teeny bit of snow - lasted for several hours but at the rate of about 3 flakes a minute so nothing has settled. Bit nippy though.
  • Another cold day, but at least it's bright.
  • Cold and sunny. 🙂
  • Very cold but at least the sun is out. Hoping not to come back too muddy from the dog walk as it's quite frosty out there still.
  • it be bitter ere it be
  • We had snow yesterday, today it was just cold.
  • Cold again.