Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

What's the weather like there?

Comments

• It was so hot yesterday that my husband started off the day with a white face and head but ended up like a Malteser.
  • After a lovely day yesterday it's back to the rain.
  • Not so great yesterday or today.
  • Wet yesterday. Dry today. Not too warm.
  • What's the weather like? Pah! Wet, chilly and very blustery.
  • Beautiful!
  • Lovely.

The transitioning lenses on my glasses have been working well today.
  • 24 degrees. Lovely! B-)
  • Gorgeeeeeeous. Was just in garden as blood suagr low. risky, but now i have the machine to warn me not to sleep not as bad as heretofore. Took two ice lollies and some sweets. Sat on hammock. (Had to clean it first.)
  • Lovely warm breeze, lovely evening to do something in the garden.
  • Absolutely glorious. I went to Brighton on the bus and didn't wear my jacket all day.
  • What's the weather like? Pah! Wet, chilly and very blustery.
    Ditto! X(
  • C2C2
    edited April 2018
    Claudia, I found your post funny—agreeing with yourself :)
  • Another scorcher today - 26 degrees.

Sorry, Claudia!
  • Same in Dorset.

Sorry, Claudia!
  • Hah! It's still cold here but at least I can see some blue peeping between the banks of clouds.
    Apparently there are two big swirls over the UK - one is swirling in one direction, pulling warm air up from the south and the other is swirling in the other direction, pulling cold air down from the north. You can work out which swirl I'm under!
  • Lovely, sunshine, warm.
  • I have just had to wrangle my husband's fur-lined boots off him and present his 'summer shoes'. He wore a thick winter shirt yesterday..
  • Just been standing in some sunshine in the backyard for a blast of vitamin D. There's still a nip in the air though.
  • edited April 2018
    Hah! It's still cold here but at least I can see some blue peeping between the banks of clouds.
    Apparently there are two big swirls over the UK - one is swirling in one direction, pulling warm air up from the south and the other is swirling in the other direction, pulling cold air down from the north. You can work out which swirl I'm under!
    So us lot in the north sent that cold air down to you, Claudia?! :D
  • Ha ha - I think those icy blasts were from further afield, Seaview.
    It's beautiful and sunny today, but still with a distinctly chilly nip in the air.
  • I have just had to wrangle my husband's fur-lined boots off him and present his 'summer shoes'. He wore a thick winter shirt yesterday..
    Caught my OH gazing into his wardrobe with a puzzled expression - him, not the wardrobe - wondering which jumper to wear. He took some persuading that he needed his Panama rather than a jumper.
    We sat outside in a cafe garden and it was scorching! The woman who had collapsed in the High Street was surrounded by bins to keep the sun off her while the paramedics treated her.

• Getting warmer by the hour. Sky is now clear – misty earlier.
  • Warm enough to break out my Tilley hat for the first time this year.
  • Thunder. Lightning. Rain.
  • Ooer. Bet we get it soon then.

Fab evening weather in Brum

Shame I was on a train
  • After a beautiful sunny day yesterday it poured with rain last night. Woke to another sunny - but very cold - morning.
  • Ditto here - and thunder last night that lasted ages and was VERY LOUD!!
  • Mixture of rain and sun so far today. Quite a bit cooler than yesterday.
  • edited April 2018
    The weather here was summery until about five thirty pm when ferocious wind blew a sudden storm over Botesdale. I wondered what caused the row and was amazed to see trees leaning and hailstones almost the size of marbles bouncing on the lawn when I looked out of the window. Gutters overflowed, and paths flooded. Rose leaves are torn and herbs flattened but the riot ended within ten minutes.
  • Warm in the sun but with a cold wind.
  • Was there a storm last night?

Never 'erd nowt me!
  • Think there might have been a bit of rain in the night, but lovely today till about five, when it turned colder.
  • Been a bit of a chill and raining on and off.
  • B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-blimey o'reilly.

Freezing mebits off earlier.
  • Heavy hail storm while we were out this morning. Returned home to find the ice had settled. Rushed up to my veggie beds to brush the ice off my seedlings. :(
  • Rain, not heavy but consistent.
  • Gorgeous sunshine.
  • Heavy rain!
  • Cold and miserable - I was planning to take Mum to see some bluebells, but ditched that idea.
  • Beautiful sunny morning - now clouding over, but at least I was able to get out and do some gardening in the sunshine for a change.
  • Not raining but cool.
  • Mixture of sunny spells and cloudy spells.
  • Cold and grey. The fire is on.
  • Dismal, pouring with rain and windy.
  • Bwilllllliant .
  • Lovely.