Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Another Place Competition 2015 - Closing 31st Oct

edited October 2015 in Writing
Here's a link to details of a free-to-enter competition with a cash prize.
http://thepoisedpen.co.uk/competitions/184-iron-men-competition-2015/
£100 first prize; £50 second; £25 third.
It is for poetry and flash fiction, 40 lines and 350 words maximum, respectively.
Only a few weeks to go until the dead-line.
Best of luck.

Comments

• Thanks, cheshirecheese - I've just entered the poetry section! :)

marion
  • That's a terrific photo prompt, CC - I might see if I can come up with a story, but the deadline is a bit soon. (I usually write several drafts and I like to leave each draft to 'compost' for a week or two.) Hey ho.
  • I've been there.

I think they should have shown more of that place in the picture.

• Sorry for the short notice. A friend is part of that writing group and sent me an email about it. I was a little tardy in checking it out myself. Not sure I'll have anything by the end of the month.
  • I've sketched out an idea but it's looking less and less likely that's I'll have time to turn it into something worth submitting - just too many other writing projects on the go at present. Shame.
  • Thanks, cc. I've entered a poem.
  • Me too and a story.
  • Yes thank you cc.

I have entered a poem and had fun thinking about it and writing it.
  • Me too and a story.
    Dammit.

• hahahahahahaha

If you knew how many comps I entered that got nowhere!
    Far, far, far more than the minority of successes which are the only ones you hear about!
  • Me too and a story.
    Dammit.

Ha ha - that's exactly what I thought!
  • My favourite saying - don't judge your insides against other people's outsides!
  • I've just entered some flash as I was feeling inadequate!
  • I've had a go too.

There are links to more free to enter competitions on my blog ... http://patsy-collins.blogspot.co.uk