Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Best peer review sites?

edited December 2015 in Writing
After a long and cowardly stare at the scalding swamp of the novel, I've felt motivated to have another go.

In the past, I've only used Youwriteon to seek feedback; so, true to form, I've uploaded the first three chapters/5000 words there today.

I don't know yet if it is useful as it was when I last used it several years ago.

Does anyone have any other suggestions please?

Comments

• Long time no hear from, Ae! Good luck with your latest project. Sorry, but I'm no help with the question.
  • edited January 2016
    Hi - well done on having another crack at it - my early experiences with peer review sites almost put me off writing altogether - it might just have been that what I put up for review was rubbish but I found the feedback to be quite destructive rather than helpful - I tried a few - Wordcloud, one run by MacMillan which I don't think exists now and a couple of others - best to get a finished novel and find a good Critique person who will let you send them a sample which they will review for free or for a nominal fee. You will need to try a few until you find someone that 'gets' you - you'll know when you find them. Hope that helps