Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

My New Year's Eve party cancelled

edited December 2015 in Writing
I don't mind a bit actually. I was just thinking I don't want to get changed and go out in the wind and rain, so I'm going to have a bath with Dorothy Parker, a date with Jools Holland, then watch the fireworks over the sea in my pjs. Happy New Year party people.

Comments

• At least it was cancelled before you had got ready and gone out!

Hope you have a good one anyway - sounds grand to me.

Happy new Year (in a bit)!
  • Enjoy your evening.

Happy New Year. :)
  • Enjoy. Happy New Year.
  • Sounds like a perfect evening to me!
  • Oh, no! We went to the village do -WONDERFUL food and company and wine but after that and before the music my (stroke) friend felt a bit overwhelmed. About 5 people had come and said they weren't going to drink so could run her back to other friend's ,and I went with her and we spent the rest of the evening together. Watched Jools - WHO was the man who danced with... well, on his haunches! Who the heck as he?
  • (Happy New Year!)
  • (PS, didn't miss the one thing I would have been upset about as when friend's husband came back he played Auld Lag Syne on his sousa horn and we sang it. )
  • We had an early drink with a few friends in the pub but were home in time for supper. Watched some telly - Nation's Favourite Double Acts - but gave up around 10.30 and went to bed. OH went to sleep, I stayed awake to hear the church bells and the fireworks.
    A huge difference from last year in the bar in Tenerife!
  • I had the perfect day - walk and lunch with friends, home to work and then enjoy a couple of DVDs, a glass of wine and see the fireworks. All my local friends are widows and they like to do the same - so we unite in our solitary celebration.