Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Discussion about thread - 'Our websites (TBers only)'

edited January 2016 in Writing
I hope it's OK to start this thread, Webbo. I know we already have a 'Useful websites' thread, but I thought TBers might be interested to peruse each others'.

Comments

• edited January 2016
    Good idea TN. I hope it meets with Webbo's approval. Not that I have Website as yet, but I would be interested to see others.
  • Webbo won't mind. We used to have a similar thread years ago.
  • Aye. Back in t'good old days.
  • edited January 2016
    Before the old one couldn't cope any more.

It's a great idea. You can see not only good stuff, but how different designs or elements can be used, and they might be just what you need to try on your own website.
  • OK, let's keep this a clean and tidy thread, folks. Just websites. No chat. [-X
  • Um, do you mean put the links here - or are we going to have a new clean and tidy thread?
  • I suggest you begin a new thread.
  • Yes, let's start again shall we as this one is sullied...
  • OK, new thread ready. Leave your lovely links, folks!
  • *waves to sinking thread*

Goodbye!
  • It's after 5 on a Friday, so I reckon it'll stay afloat for a whille - especially if we keep sullying it.
  • Sullying? I thought we reviving it.
  • Do blogs count as websites?
  • No, blogs go on the Blogs thread, Lizy. No gate-crashing allowed!

*sweeps up and sprays Pledge*
  • The new thread is looking lovely, I must say.
  • edited January 2016
    Seems unfair to refuse a traditional blog but allow websites created on a blog platform with a website address. You might need to re-think the definition.
  • But don't we have a separate 'Blog updates' thread?

I thought websites and blogs were different animals, a website being a more of a static showcase, but I am not au fait with the mechanics of each.

What does everyone think? Happy to revise the rules.
  • Definition of a website:

'A set of interconnected webpages, usually including a homepage, generally located on the same server, and prepared and maintained as a collection of information by a person, group, or organization.'
  • edited January 2016
    You could describe a blog that way ...

I don't really mind either way, but as there's already a blogs thread maybe the new one should be just for websites - and we leave it to the creator to decide if theirs is a website or a blog?
  • You could describe a blog that way ...

I don't really mind either way, but as there's already a blogs thread maybe the new one should be just for websites - and we leave it to the creator to decide if theirs is a website or a blog?
    Yes, I agree.

You decide, folks!
  • The existing blog thread is more for updates. I think a comprehensive list of all sites, be they website or blog, would be a useful resource. I vote for all and every to be included to create a directory.
  • Yes a list of blogs would be useful, but keep the updates thread going too.
  • Agree. Even websites can have a blog- Serena's does, but the aim is for it to function as a website.

• edited January 2016
    Hi, Tiny Nell - do you still want this thread sunk?

Tam

p.s. I would 'sticky' your new thread, but I'd better clear it with The Boss first! :)
  • *holds breath*
  • Actually, Tam, it might be better to leave it so that others can see what we've been talking about. As such, I've changed the title (again!).

Thanks!
  • *holds breath*
    *clenches buttocks*

• The existing blog thread is more for updates. I think a comprehensive list of all sites, be they website or blog, would be a useful resource. I vote for all and every to be included to create a directory.
    Done!
  • I'm enjoying exploring the different websites! Also, it's useful to see how others have done them for those wanting to set one up.
  • Lizy, are you going to put your blog on now? I think that's the consensus. Sorry for being sergeant majorish about the thread content!
  • I'm enjoying exploring the different websites! Also, it's useful to see how others have done them for those wanting to set one up.
    There's websites I haven't had a chance to explore until now, so having a list is good.
  • Lizy, are you going to put your blog on now? I think that's the consensus. Sorry for being sergeant majorish about the thread content!
    Yes, I'll do it now. No need to apologise, TN - rules is rules :)

• Boss has given the go ahead. Your other thread is now a sticky.
    :)
    Tam
  • Oooh, lovely. I do like a sticky. :-B
  • Me too, especially with a ~O)