Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Copying a blog link to Facebook

edited February 2016 in Writing
Last week and the previous week, when I copied a link from my blog to Facebook ,the picture didn't come out right. It was just a weird pixellated thingummy.
This week I didn't even get that - just a blank where the picture ought to be.
The person who hosts the Friday Fictioneers group says she's not done anything different, and as far as I know, neither have i. Has anyone got any ideas they can offer?

Comments

• If I try to link from the blog onto facebook I have the same problems you've been having, If I copy the link and paste it in myself, I can sometimes delete the weird pixelated image and leave the one I want - but sometimes that doesn't work and like you there's just a blank.

It's not anything we're doing wrong.
  • edited February 2016
    But it worked okay for the past three or four years, so what's changed? Is it FB?
  • Probably. Don't waste any time or energy on it. Wait and see what happens.
  • It's something Facebook have changed.

I haven't seen what happens if you use the little F link at the bottom of the post that allows you to post on Facebook without leaving your blog...
  • That's what happens, Carol - what I've described above.

PM's trick worked though - copy the IRL and paste it directly to FB. I got a choice of images - one was blank, one was pixels, and one the photo prompt. Glory Be! and a big thank you to PM!
  • I usually copy the URL and paste it onto my writers page, but I have to add the image by clicking the + in the little box underneath the post, as soon as it's loaded it appears as if it's all been posted in one go.
  • Up till 3 weeks ago I could click on the FB symbol below my blog post and it automatically copied everything including the picture. I shall have to look for that + sign.
  • LizLiz
    edited February 2016
    My blog is sent to FB automatically and to Twitter, each time I post - can you do that?
    Is it an FB thing or a blog thing?
  • That's one of the difference between Blogger and Wordpress, Liz.
  • Ah - glad I read Carol's response to Liz's comment before I spent time trying.
    Thank you, Carol :)