Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Locked out of Account

edited March 2016 in Writing
I am locked out of my email account. Anybody know how to proceed?

Comments

• edited March 2016
    I know it's obvious, so apologies if it doesn't apply.

Are you sure you've put in your password correctly? I've had a few occasions and it's been because I either caught a neighbouring key, or not realised the cap lock was on when it should be off and vice versa.

Otherwise I'd suggest you google the question - adding in your email provider name obviously...

Good luck.
  • I just typed in 'locked out of email account' and there were hits by provider. Worth trying that. Do you have a phone number option as back-up on your account? Could they have texted you?
  • Hi there C. and M.B. Have tried every which way, without success. Might be just a matter of waiting until the 'thang' untangles.
  • I know that sometimes email providers do work which prevents some users accessing their account. Try later today and see if you can get in then.
  • I will. Thanks Carol. Hope you are enjoying current projects.
  • Have you inadvertently pressed your caps lock? That's my favourite trick!
  • Hi Lizy, thanks for the hint. Relieved to report that my emails are accessible again. Phew!
  • Is that what it was? Caps lock?
  • Don't know what caused it.
  • Glad it's sorted - how much of a backlog was there?
  • edited March 2016
    No big deals despite having pitched a few ideas.
  • So you had days of thinking fame and fortune might be waiting?