Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

NaNoWriMo

edited March 2016 in Writing
Has anyone here participated in NaNoWriMo? I've seen it referenced a couple of times and just had a quick Google. Looks like it could be fun. I'm not entirely sure how it works though. It looks like you just write throughout the month of November, update your word count, then submit your work. Is that right?

Comments

• There are threads galore about this.

See this one for starters.

NaNoWriMo 2015

• You write 50,000 words in 30 days, updating your word count on the website whenever you feel like it. From somewhere around the 20-25th of the month you can 'validate' your novel, which involves copying and pasting it into the site (no one else can see it and it is deleted from the site as soon as your word count is verified), so you can show you completed the 50k.

You have to start from scratch on the 1st Nov, and you can write past 50k if you want to. The forums are pretty useful, and there will more than likely be a local group that meet in real life every week, or more often.
  • Thanks everyone. I think I'll sign up to participate this year.
  • It's hard work but brings a great feeling of achievement - and a lot of 'untidy' words to edit afterwards. I recommend it. But do try to plan your story before November - it will make life easier!