Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector

edited April 2017 in Writing
Hello,

Has anyone done a City & Guilds course on Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector, and if so, do you know any good providers? I'd like to do it online, which I know isn't ideal in many ways...yet most of the online ones I have seen appear to be closer to a scam than a school!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Hi CescaWrites, can't help you with your query, but maybe someone else will be able to.
    In the meantime, why don't you introduce yourself in the Welcome Writers category? :)
  • If I could find it!
  • You'll have to start a new discussion (thread) and pick Welcome Writers from the Category pull down menu :)
  • Welcome CescaWrites!
    I did the PTLLS course a couple of years ago - Preparing to Teach in the Life Long Learning Sector. It was a classroom course run by the local education authority. I think it was one day a week for about 8 weeks. Not sure how an online course would help because we had to run a mini-teaching session successfully to pass the course. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend.
    Best of luck in finding something suitable!
  • Thanks Sally, and sorry for such a delay! xx
  • I did one at West Herts college a few years ago - it was around £250 I think and it did help to be there in person as you learned from each other, and as sallyj says you have to do a mini-teaching session and so you also get to be a learner in everyone else's session which is really useful.