Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Any horror writers in here?

Just searching for fellow horror writers. I am fascinated with Cryptozoology, and I think that is where my ideas lie. And if there are any horror writers, do you know of any good horror writing conferences? In the UK.

I will admit, my current WIP is crime. I tried to change it to more horror, but I am going to keep it at crime. All future books are horror though. I don't know what this will mean for my career prospects though :/

Comments

• I've written some horror short stories that have been published and also done a couple of Kindle novelettes.

Many years ago I went on a horror writing course but can't remember who ran it. Will try to find out.

• Was it Alex Davis?

• Yep, yep, yep - had a few horror stories and articles published. Even been in a book with some of my horror heroes :) Hurray for horror!
  • Thank you! So glad to see I am not alone. I envy those of you who can write horror in short form!
  • You need to read some of Tiny Nell's flash fiction...
  • dora said:

Was it Alex Davis?

Yes, it was. Can't remember if the course was run through Writing East Midlands, but it may well have been as it was held in Chesterfield.