Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

ISSN Query

edited August 2022 in Writing
I've uploaded details of latest work for Dolls House Magazine and Miniature Scene on my ALCS account but the ISSN number is repeatedly rejected. A request for advice was emailed to: [email protected] yesterday but there's been no reply. Any suggestions?  

Comments

• It can take a couple of days to get a response, but you could try their Twitter account an ask how long queries about rejected ISSNs are taking to be dealt with.

• Merci beaucoup, Carol. Patience, Patricia!
  • edited August 2022
    The women's magazine writers often have issues with ISSNs not being accepted, and they are told the numbers to use. In the Facebook group we've started a thread for the codes they're told to use for specific magazines.

If they give you an ISSN to use, make a note of it and keep it somewhere safe, in case you ever need it again in future.
  • edited August 2022
    Ciao Carol! I'm chuffed with the presentation of the feature anyway! My neighbour made a doll's house which was inspired by old, local architecture. I took a photo of her and her masterpiece, wrote about the production and sent the lot to Dolls House and Miniature Scene. We've earned a double-page spread!
  • Well done.
  •  Thanks Carol. ALCS assistant has uploaded the info onto my account. LATEST! Encouraged by the first success Alison my neighbour has made a Fairy Mansion. I wrote about the process, took photos and pitched the idea to Richard Jennings Editor of Dolls House World. He accepted, and on receipt of the package via WeTransfer, agreed to publish. 
  • Good news.

ALCS are helpful with sorting these type of problems.
  • I never had an issue with the ISSN of that mag. Were you including a dash character?
  • Glad you got it sorted, Patricia. Had a similar problem with a different title some time ago and it was quickly sorted by their admin. 

Hi, DB, hope you are still busy with that long list of ideas and that many have taken root and flourished.
  • Wordy said:
    Glad you got it sorted, Patricia. Had a similar problem with a different title some time ago and it was quickly sorted by their admin. 

Hi, DB, hope you are still busy with that long list of ideas and that many have taken root and flourished.

The list is getting longer and I have several pitches planned for the new year. Will be in touch by email at some point.
  • Good to hear the words, and ideas, keep flowing.