Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

What are your New Year's resolutions for 2008?

2»

Comments

• Dorothy!
  • Poor Mutley - being happy isn't too much to hope for.

Josette - I've managed a lot of grumpy thus far :rolleyes:

Like mcbemused, if I can get this current story completed this week I will be on target (though my writing targets are a lot less ambitious than hers methinks! Well done mcb :) )
  • Hug for Mutley first. (((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))

New Year's resolutions - to read the equivalent of a book a week (not much) - progress negotiable, as far too much stress going on what with the move and the housemates.
    - to do at least 20 minutes of exercise on my powerstep every night - progress, not bad. Sometimes I don't do any, but other times I'll do half an hour. Likewise the sit-ups - I've worked my way up to fifty at a time.
    - to write every day - progress, I think about writing every day without fail. I've got so far with a re-write but also have to proofread my China book before I give it to another Chinese person to read (always handy, having Chinese contacts), so must concentrate on that.
  • You shall be happy Mutley, we promise! All you have to do is visit TB every single day. Now how hard can that be?

TP, you are doing really well there with all the upset you have to live with - well done!

CC - well done you - now all we have to do is win one of the competitions we enter! (Though of course entering them is enjoyment enough!)

Josette - you make us all smile and that is a wonderful thing you do so keep doing it. As for the dwarves, pick on someone your own size!
  • See how stressed I've been? I wrote negotiable when I meant negligible. Hmph. Have spent this evening trying (and failing) to ignore the fact that everyone in the house except us slams doors (kitchen cupboards, front door, of which one and gf are in and out like yo-yos, bathroom door, bedroom doors), use loud voices and set the toaster up so high it sets the smoke alarm off. I've f***ing had it with them.
  • edited February 2008
    Have you calmed down now TP?
  • New Year's resolutions? Working on them. Time passes by too fast and I'm too slow. :rolleyes:
  • Winding down to retirement in a couple of months I have managed to increase the writing output by sending it out quicker, not being so precious about it that I don't let it go. However this has been at the cost of the de-cluttering we promised ourselves in the New Year.
  • edited February 2008
    Poor you TP, as if you don't have enough trouble with the maniacs living next door!
  • Carol - no, I haven't, I'm a nervous wreck at the moment and if we don't move somewhere else soon I'm going to go mental. I've given up being polite and actually said under my breath last night (when madam said, see ya later) 'not if I see you first' - I don't think she heard me but she got the fact that I was in a foul mood, so she's not completely stupid.

Josette, the maniacs next door seem to have calmed down a bit since the police paid them a visit, thankfully, though their bloody piano was going again last night (though not so loudly as before). It was a good thing I got that Chinese film yesterday, as I was able to relax a little while I was watching it (great film, by the way, Zhou Yu's Train, starring Gong Li, Tony Leung Kar-fai and Sun Honglei). Reading was a no-go as I was too tired and wound up, and we ignored the alarm this morning and when we finally woke up it was gone noon. ALL NIGHT, they were slamming doors last night - all bloody night. When is this going to end??? Can someone please give me a hug?
  • Here's a hug, TP!
  • (((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))
  • More hugs ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
  • As 2008 is starting to draw to a close, I thought it might be interesting to resurrect this thread and see how people fared with their New Year resolutions this year... any success stories? (or stories of embarrassing failure? :) )
  • I just had a look to see what mine were and I didn't have any! I think I was too stressed by a falling down bedroom ceiling and the imminent final visit to the vet with my cat to worry about anything else at the time. All I can say is that 2008 has been so much better than 2007 - due to my efforts and to factors outside or with a limited amount of my control. All I can hope is they keep improving in the way I want them to!

I've certainly been working harder on my writing this year! :-)
  • This is the one from 2 years ago.